Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hope

Maybe it is my character. Hate to lose and hate to give up. Last month was just as bad as the previous months. We have asked 50% of our staff to go. Going to rent out one of my offices if possible. The rest of the staff who stayed will get a pay cut. This will reduce our monthly expense of SGD 50,000 a month to SGD 20,000 a month. We give ourselves 3 more months. If things still don't improve, then we will call it a day. Lesson learnt: Do not expand too quickly if the reserve is not strong. A very valuable and costly lesson. But I will remember it for life.

During this period, I tend to look back. Why I start this biz? If I didn't start it, I will still be holding on to my good pay job and I won't lose this big amount of our saving. If only, if only.... Regrets? to be honest, a little... but it only lasts a short while. Though it is super stressful, lots of problem, it is still something that I start from scratch and build it up. Though I still see no light, I knew my God will see me through this.

For a very long time, I never feel so helpless... but this is also the time that I draw closer to God. There is nothing else I can do to make my biz work. I have given my best. I am depending entirely on God now. I knew He will bless me. In Him, I shall not lack. In Him, is my hope.

3 comments:

Daisie said...

Thinking of you. Everything will be fine in the end - if it's not fine, it's not the end!

Big hugs
xxx

Juliet said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

fuzzie said...

Surrender the biz to God, He's the biz expert! Faith will be ur strength to see u thru :)