Friday, December 5, 2008

Take things for granted

I realised that I have taken a lot of things for granted.

Recently my good friend's husband has been diagnosed of cancer. We just met at my god-daughter full month party on 1 Oct. He was fine and happily chatting with us. One week later, we received news that he has been hospitalised due to high fever. We didn't visit him 'cos we thought minor illness. He is the fittest guy among our husbands. He went to the gym regularly and maintain that good body even after marriage. Unlike our husbands who don't exercise and have a belly by now, he looks really good. To my shock, his wife told us that he was diagnosed with cancer. What worst was it is at stage 4. We were all shocked. When we visited him, he was reduced to half of his size and looked haggard. I have not seen him for sometimes because he declined all visits. All we know is the doctors have gave up on him and he was sent home. Doctor said at most he has about 3 more months to go. We all cried when we received the sms from his wife. They have 2 lovely girls age 2 and 5. It's really cruel if their father left them. What will happen to my friend? Widowed at the age of 33? We are praying him. However dim the hope may be, we hope to see the miracle happen.

Sometimes we live our lives as if we are going to live till ripe old age. Work long hours and sacrifice time with loved ones. Is it worth it? We quarrel with our spouse over minor stuff...is it worth doing that?

The current ecomony situation affected my biz quite a bit. Last month, we have no sales at all. This month looks slow too. Every pay day I am worried that I may have no fund to pay my workers vs when I am working, every pay day is a happy day. Every holiday is a day that brings no revenue to the company vs I look forward to every holiday 'cos no need to work. Stability vs uncertainty. I used to grumble when I was working for people...wish I can start my own biz. I didn't regret my decision to start a biz. Just that I didnt know that it can be so pressurising.

We must appreciate what we have and not take them for granted. Must be thankful that we have a salary coming in every month, must be thankful for our loved ones...let go and let live... must be thankful that we wake up every morning. Thank God for all the blessings.

No comments: